Sunday, February 8, 2009

I just have to vent!!

I had heard about Michael Phelps being involved in some kind of scandal but I did not know what it involved. Then I found out that it was over a picture that had surfaced on the Internet of him smoking a bong. That's what all the fuss was about? While I don't condone drug use, at least anymore, give Phelps and me a break! Its not like he's an underachiever who doesn't know the value of hard work. The biggest accomplishment of most of my former friends was smoking bongs. There is much more important topics to give attention to these days then the bad judgement of a 21 year old.

I want to make it clear from the beginning. I am not a fan of Rod Blagojevich. I never have been and most likely never will be. I had always considered him a little intellectually challenged. His Horatio Alger story of being the son of Yugoslavian immigrants always got me hearing bad violin music. In short I found him very annoying and I am quite happy that he is gone. However, I think that he did get the shaft and I will tell you some of the reasons why.

Since when does an Attorney general publicly make statements in great detail accusing someone of wrong doing before the trial , Blagojevich claims that he was informed back in December that if certain things didn't go a certain way that he was going to be impeached. Was his impeachment a forgone conclusion? This might explain why he so readily took to the media circuit. What did he think he was going to accomplish by going on the View was any one's guess. Like I said he is not the sharpest pair of scissors in the desk drawer, but if stupidity was against the law we all would be in jail at one time or another.

I believe the problem is that he stepped on too many toes during the six years that he was the Governor of Illinois. He refused to cooperate with the very people whom he need corporation from and let us not forget what happened with his own father in-law. Alderman Dick Mell is a very powerful figure in Chicago Politics whose influences stretch all the way to Springfield and it would not surprise me one bit if Mell did in fact have something to do with his impeachment.

I thought that it was highly suspect that not one person in that room came to his defense. It was called an impeachment trial but I think that the witches at the Salem Trials had a better chance then Blagojvich had in that room. What I am saying is that I believe he did not have a fair defense. He did say one thing that I found disturbing. If that could happen to a sitting Governor, it can happen to anyone.

No comments: